We are looking for someone to join a fantastic, established, and growing organisation who is looking to expand their team of school Finance Officers.
A competitive package…
inclusive of a basic salary of up to £35,000 plus a fabulous range of additional benefits:
- 30 days annual leave
- Access to employee benefits platform
- Access to occupational health and a employee assistance programme
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
- Progression opportunities for the right candidate
Full-time: permanent role, 37 hours per week (Monday - Friday). To start as soon as possible subject to satisfactory clearance checks
Location: West Bromwich, B70
What its all about…
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced finance officer within the education sector, who is well organised and flexible, and who has excellent communication and the ability to talk people at all levels.
Candidates would be expected to travel to, and attend meetings held in schools, to advise, support and report on a range of financial matters.
Meetings would be predominately held at the end of the school day, and some evenings.
Knowledge within the education sector is imperative as well as the understanding of management accounting, monitoring and reporting - ongoing training and development would be provided.
Our client offers a hybrid working environment and laptops and mobile phones are provided for home working as well as mileage for travel to meetings.
As a Finance Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Attending regular meetings, offering advice, guidance, and support on financial matters.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, bank reconciliation and year end accounts.
- Prepare financial forecasting for year end.
- Ensure reports are in accordance with financial standards and requirements.
- Keep up to date with key developments in the field of education finance.
The successful candidate for the role of a Finance Officer will have:
- Proven understanding of finance within an education environment.
- Qualified to AAT or equivalent finance qualification.
- Experience in producing financial management returns and budgets.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Knowledge of using a range of ICT and finance packages.
- Must be able to travel to various locations throughout the West Midlands.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the service (including some evening work).
If you are interested in this Finance Officer position, please contact Bloom Connections for more information.
Your CV will be carefully reviewed taking into consideration our expectations and criteria to meet the needs of the role, team, and the business.
If you do not hear from us, unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Due to GDPR, Bloom Connections will not be able to retain your personal information, unless you have registered with us.